HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE ON KOCHCOOKWARE
Most of us had chicken pot pie, right? It is really delicious dish combination of chicken and veggies within rich and creamy gravy and golden crust on top.
Most of the times we eat boxed/frozen ones, and they taste pretty good. However, making it homemade with fresh ingredients, cooking with cast iron skillet and keeping all the flavor in, just leads this dish to become a heavenly delicacy.
This dish is easy to make, yet it is quite tasty.
Just follow the simple steps :
- Chicken 2 Cups (Cooked and Shredded Meat)
- Broth 1 ½ Cups (Chicken)
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Potatoes 1 Med. (Peeled and Cut 1” Pcs.)
- Carrots 1 Large (Cut 1” Pcs.)
- Onion 1 Med.
- Broccoli 1 Cup (Cooked/Boiled)
- Peas 1 Cup (Cooked)
- Garlic 2 Cloves (Minced)
- Flour 3 Tbsp (All purpose)
- Heavy Cream 1/3 Cup
- Pie Pastry 7-8 oz
- Egg 1 Med.
- Parsley 1 Tbsp (Minced)
- Salt 1/2 Teaspoon
- Pepper 1 Pinch
[button type="success" text="BUY NOW! NO.306 SKILLET" url="https://kochcookware.com/products/no-306-r"]
- Preheat the KochCookware Skillet
- Add butter, potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic; saute until tender. Add flour and mix it.
- Add broth bit by bit. Bring to a boil. Stir and cook until thickened.
- Stir in chicken, broccoli, peas, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry and place to KochCookware Skillett’s top, seal and flute edges.
- Brust the top of the pie with mixed egg and pierce it to vent
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Let it rest for 18-20 minutes before serving.